Petals is committed to protecting the personal data that you provide to us and recognises the importance of being clear about how we intend to use it.
Our contact details
Pregnancy Expectations Trauma and Loss Society (Petals)
Unit 1, Tunbridge Court, Tunbridge Lane, Bottisham, Cambridge CB25 9TU
Information we may collect from you
· Full name, address and telephone number
· Email address
· Date of birth
· Details of your enquiry (which may include special category data, as defined by the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, for example data relating to your physical or mental health and your personal life)
· Other information relevant to providing you with a service
· Curriculum vitae details (for those enquiring about jobs)
How do we intend to use your personal data?
Processing personal data allows Petals to provide its services to you and others.
Petals have a legitimate interest in processing personal data during and after your interactions with Petals.
In respect of special category data (as defined by the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018), you provide your explicit consent to Petals processing such personal data for the purposes of Petals providing its services to you.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally within Petals for the purposes of providing services to you and / or responding to your enquiries. This may include your personal data being shared with our HR, administration and counselling teams.
Petals will not transfer your data to countries outside the UK.
How does the company protect data?
Petals take the security of your data seriously. Petals has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
Where Petals engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, which are owned and operated by third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you consider those when using their websites. We cannot accept any liability or responsibility in terms of the privacy and security practices of these third party organisations and their websites.
For how long does the company keep data?
Petals will hold your personal data for the duration of your interactions with Petals. The periods for which your data is held after the end of your interactions are in line with current ICO guidance.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the company to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the company to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the company to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether your interests override the company’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you believe that the company has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.